Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reflection

We lost a wonderful grandfather the other day, a great man. We're relieved that he is at peace and have many great memories of adventures and time well spent with him. 


It has been a tough week 

This morning one of our lovely mares laid down and quietly passed away. We were with her not an hour before and I saw her lay down in a strange spot. When I just went out to make sure she was ok she was already gone. 



She was head of the herd here and helped raise most of the younger horses although she was never a mother herself. 
We will miss her greatly, Grandpa has a great horse to ride.
.





7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for you loss.

    NVSally from ABR

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful mare. It is so sad to lose one of your good horse friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought there were two posts but I see there are two together. Your grandpa looks like a great guy and must of had a great life. You were so lucky to share so much with him as you grew up. He will be missed by many I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a friend of Ruth's and a fellow blogger, and horse owner. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather and your mare. What a hard week you have had. Thank you for posting the photos of your grandfather and your beautiful mare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Tori. It must be so hard. But Grampa now has the perfect ride for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIP Grandpa. So sorry about the mare. I hope our "old ones" go as easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your losses, Tori. I hope the rest of the year is easier for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete